Register of Insolvencies
The register of insolvencies is a statutory register about the insolvency of individuals and businesses in Scotland.
The following organisations can provide free advice and support services if you are dealing with debt and/ or the bankruptcy process
- Money Advice Scotland - national umbrella organisation which promotes the development of free, independent, impartial and confidential debt advice
- Citizens Advice Scotland - give free, confidential, impartial and independent advice and information on a wide range of subjects, including debt and money advice
- National Debtline Scotland - telephone helpline providing confidential and independent advice on how to deal with debt problems
- StepChange Debt Charity - free, anonymous debt advice and debt management solutions provided by a UK debt charity, formerly known as the Consumer Credit Counselling Service (CCCS).
- Partnership Action for Continuing Employment (PACE) - Scottish Government initiative dedicated to helping individuals and employers with the advice and support they need when faced with redundancy
- HM Revenue & Customs - if you've just become unemployed, you may be able to claim back some of the Income Tax you've paid
- Trading Standards in Scotland - an association of professional officers representing every Scottish local authority trading standards service
- Institute of Chartered Accountants of Scotland (ICAS) - to help find an insolvency practitioner
- The Law Society - to help find a solicitor who specialises in bankruptcy