Introduction to Class
The Accountant in Bankruptcy (AiB) is an Agency of the Scottish Government. AiB develops policy for personal and corporate insolvency in Scotland. AiB is responsible for administering the process of personal bankruptcy (sequestration) and recording corporate insolvencies in Scotland.
The Chief Executive is accountable to Scottish Ministers for the Agency's operation and performance
This class provides information about the Accountant in Bankruptcy. In particular, information on the following is provided:
- The roles and responsibilities of the Agency and of the corporate governance committees
- The vision, aim and values of the Agency
- The organisational and management structure of the Agency
- Details of Advisory Board members, including their biographies and areas of responsibility
- Information relating to how we are set up (including reference to legislation relevant to our functions)
- Agendas and Minutes of the Advisory Board and Fraser Figure Committee meetings (published three months after meetings take place)
- How to contact the Accountant in Bankruptcy and the location of the office
Where the information within this class can be located
This class of information can be located within the About AiB section of the AiB website.