Accountant in Bankruptcy's Provider Operations team is responsible for the contract management of insolvency service providers and their associated workloads. Contract management is managed through close working relationships and includes:
- Management of the insolvency services contract/ framework agreement
- Review and report on performance through vendor rating and audit exercises
- Progressing continuous improvement including further development of the web portal electronic systems, implementing and sharing in best practices
Contracted out insolvency services
Following a public procurement exercise, AiB appointed three providers for the supply of insolvency services for a period of two years from 1 April 2013, with a further two optional one-year extensions.
The insolvency services framework allows The Accountant in Bankruptcy to use external providers to administer bankruptcy cases on his behalf, where he has been appointed trustee.
The three successful providers in the contract are:
- Wylie & Bisset LLP
- Insolvency Support Services (ISS)
This contract replaces the previous contract for insolvency services which ended on 31 March 2013. The Contract Operations team will continue to work with all the providers through the good working relationship established throughout the tenure of the previous contract.
Under the insolvency services framework introduced in April 2009, six successful providers were appointed, although one resigned at a later date. The six were:
- Wylie and Bisset LLP
- Armstrong Watson
- MMG Archbold (formerly Miller McIntyre and Gellatly)
- Hastings & Co
- Invocas (resigned)
If you have any questions about the work of the team, please contact the Provider Operations team.