The Coronavirus (Scotland) (No.2) Bill - update
The Coronavirus (Scotland) (No.2) Bill passed Stage 3 yesterday, Wednesday 20 May 2020.
It makes a number of changes to bankruptcy fees and eligibility, as listed below. These will come into force the day after royal assent, which is expected towards the end of the month.
These changes are temporary, and will last initially until the end of September 2020.
The changes are:
- The MAP fee is reduced to £50
- No fee will be payable in MAP cases for those receiving certain benefits, including when those benefits are not the applicant’s sole income
- The maximum debt level for MAP is increased to £25,000, and student loan debt is removed from that calculation
- The Full Administration Fee is reduced to £150
- No fee will be payable in Full Administration cases for those receiving certain benefits, including when those benefits are not the applicant’s sole income
- The minimum debt level for creditor petitions is increased to £10,000
- All bankruptcy-related forms and circulars may be sent electronically.
An update and fuller details will be posted here as soon as the timing is confirmed.