In September 2019, the then Minister for Business, Fair Work and Skills, Jamie Hepburn announced a wide-ranging review of Scotland’s statutory debt solutions.
This process is now underway and three expert working groups have been established to consider a range of issues and bring forward recommendations for Ministerial consideration during the next Parliamentary session.
This review process and the working group deliberations will also draw on a wide range of statistics. Accountant in Bankruptcy (AiB) has therefore pre-announced Wednesday 25 August (at 09:30 in the morning) as the publication date of this upcoming ad-hoc statistics release. This release will include analysis of the repayment periods on statutory debt solutions
- Number of statutory debt solutions by grouped monthly contribution level
- Number of bankruptcy and protected trust deeds (PTDs) concluded in the last three financial years (2018-19 to 2020-21) by total administration cost and contribution level
- Number of bankruptcy and PTDs by whether the four-year repayment period is completed or not
- Number of referrals to financial education
- Number of Debt Payment Programmes by outcome and length of survival. (Note this analysis is already published in the annual “Scottish Statutory Debt Solutions Statistics: Financial Year 2020-21” publication – see the “DAS Table 4” worksheet.)
The purpose of this ad-hoc statistics release is to assist all working groups in order to prepare a detailed assessment on any recommendation and the wider impact on all statutory debt solutions.
Unless stated otherwise, this release is not part of the regular Scottish Statutory Debt Solutions Statistics releases.
These statistics are used internally by AiB and the Scottish Government, and during stakeholder engagement to inform policy development. The Code of Practice for Statistics says that statistics producers must provide free and equal access to regular and ad-hoc official statistics. Therefore, AiB is bringing forward this ad-hoc statistics release.
For any enquiries in related to this ad-hoc statistics release, please contact Ken O’Neill: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For any general enquires in relation to the Stage 2 of the general review, please contact email@example.com.
- Code of Practice for Statistics (statisticsauthority.gov.uk)
- General review - stage 2 | Accountant in Bankruptcy (aib.gov.uk)